Special Permits


Special Event Permits

Let us assist in getting your special event through the necessary permits and permissions processes.

Learn more

Mobile Food Permits

Anyone selling from food from a truck, trailer, cart, or other mobile rigs must follow these guidelines.

Learn more

Environmental Permits

Toledo cares about the environment. Make sure your business is meeting environmental standards.

Learn more

Outdoor Dining Permit

New! Start your application for a permit to bring outdoor dining to your restaurant, bar, or cafe.

Learn more

Business Licensing

The City issues licenses covering a broad array of business activities, but not all businesses are required to be licensed.

Licenses are issued through the Division of Treasury. Procedural requirements for license issuance vary widely from one type of license to another. Contact us for more information.

  • Division of Treasury
  • One Government Center, Suite 2000
    Toledo, Ohio 43604
  • 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • 419-245-1636
  • Fax: 419-936-2320

Licensing of food vendors is handled by the Toledo-Lucas County Health Department. Mobile food truck vendors must obtain an additional City of Toledo license after certification by the Health Department.

Business regulation is defined and established by part 7 of the Toledo Municipal Code. All licenses should be prominently displayed at the place of business, and unless otherwise stated, expire annually on March 31.